EV sales in the EU, UK and EFTA countries has reached 130,297 in the first quarter of 2020 (ACEA said).

The registrations of electric vehicles have increased 57.4% in the first quarter of 2020 in Europe. Nevertheless still only a figure of 4.3% of the total number of registrations, as vehicle manufactures are trying to meet the new anti-pollution standards.

With the actual economy recessions, the drivers have been persuaded to embrace this change. Of the more than 3 million of new cars registered in the first three months of the year in Europe, the 52% were powered by petrol and 28% diesel, what is a total of 80%, as showed by ACEA.
The largest vehicle market in Europe what is Germany, the showrooms have been close till end of April, the vehicle and spare parts demand is massively down during the strongest sales period, as has been reported by the German dealership association ZDK. That’s means that the demand is down by 50% compared with the previous year, as half of the 1357 dealers polled by ZDK.

Also is true that electric cars will be made harder because of the high quantity of unsold combustion (petrol and diesel) vehicles.
In terms of new electric vehicle registrations, in the surrounding countries as Norway has increased 63.3%. In France has jumped to 145.6%.
Carmakers need to sell more electric vehicles after EU lawmakers in December 2018 ordered them to cut carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by 40% between 2007 and 2021, and then by a further of 37.5% by 2030, or face fines.

The emissions of new cars in average, should not exceed 95 grams of CO2 per kilometer by 2021, in contrast with 120.4 grams per kilometer two years ago.
EV makes are preparing new electric and hybrid models to meet these targets
For instance, The main manufacture Volkswagen Group is planning to have 70 new electric models by 2028, starting this year with its ID3 that just come up in showrooms this summer
What is more, the big german vehicle manufacture BMW, has plan to have 25 electrified models by 2023, and more than half will be fully electric
Also Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have plans to offer 12 electrified models by 2021, 2 years earlier, what include hybrid and full electric vehicles
Nevertheless, the electric vehicle sales will not overtake combustion (diesel and petrol) models in the European markets until 2030, as forecasted by LMC Automotive.

Leave a comment

Work Hours

  • Lunes: 8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Martes: 8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Miercoles 8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Jueves: 8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Viernes: 8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Sabado: 8:30am - 6:00pm
  • Domingo: Closed

Evplug chargers 2021. All Rights Reserved.

[booked-calendar style="list" calendar="52"]